Home » Eric McCabe
|Branch Manager, VP of Mortgage Lending
NMLS ID # 139699
Phone: 570-714-4200 x24
|Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin / My Branch|
- My #1 goal every day is to offer my clients the very best mortgage experience they can have. I take pride in getting to know my clients and their families on a very personal level so that I can understand their long term goals and dreams. I treat my clients as clients for life because they are.
- Over the past 20 years, my clients have thanked me over and over again by referring me to their family, friends, and co-workers. I have experienced the good fortune of helping thousands of families realize their dream of home ownership.
- Over the course of my career, I have had the great privilege of watching singles become couples, couples become parents, and even parents become grandparents. I truly love what I do!
- I am a past President of the Mortgage Bankers Association, Northeast Chapter and a former Board Member of the MBA of PA Board of Governors. I presently serve on the Luzerne County Housing Partnership, created to help foster and support affordable homeownership in Northeastern Pa. In addition, I am also a former member of the Building Industry Association of Northeastern Pa. Board of Directors.
- On a personal level, I am a graduate of Lake Lehman, High School and received my B.S. in Finance from King's College. I am also a proud graduate of Leadership Wilkes-Barre Class of 2008. I reside in Shavertown with my wife Ann and our seven children, Andrew, Abbey, James, Katherine, Maggie, Will and Michael.
How long have you been in the mortgage business? What awards have you won?
Loan Officer Interview Q&A's
1. I have been in the mortgage industry now for just over 20 years. Throughout my career, I have won numerous national awards as a top producing mortgage originator. That said, I still feel most gratified when my customers put their trust and confidence in me and selflessly refer their close friends and family to me for help. I have never received a greater honor!
What advice would you give new or first time home buyers?
2. Having worked with hundreds of first time home buyers in my career, my personal belief if that a good mortgage originator needs to 'meet customers where they are at that moment'. By that I mean, there is no 'one size fits all' solution or piece of advice for every first time home buyer. A good originator will listen to their client, ask questions, and then respond with the best advice and product for that particular customer.
What part of the home loan process do customers find most difficult and how do you help them through it?
3. Clients I work with are almost always referred to me from a Realtor, a friend, co-worker, or a family member. I believe my team has been able to build a great reputation for 'leading' customers through the loan process in an understandable and professional way. My team works closely with our clients to break down the loan approval and closing process into 'bite size pieces'. This enables us to not 'overwhelm' our customer and helps both of us focus on the end result....an on-time, understandable, and enjoyable closing day!
Summary of where you grew up: family, affiliations, college, high school, etc.
4. I am a graduate of Lake Lehman High School and Kings College, where I earned my B.S. in Finance. I am also a proud graduate of Leadership Wilkes Barre and former Past President of The Mortgage Bankers Association of Northeastern Pa. I reside in Shavertown with my wife Ann and seven children, Andrew, Abbey, James, Katherine, Maggie, Will, and Michael.
Tell us something that makes you unique or something wacky, yet interesting about you?
5. In my free time, I enjoy running and participating in Triathlons and local races. I've completed Ironman Lake Placid and numerous marathons. I've found exercising routinely to be a great way for me to de-stress and enjoy the natural beauty of Northeast Pa. I feel truly blessed to live in such a beautiful place!
Popular Loan Options
Looking to save money by refinancing your home? Check out Guaranteed Rate’s new e-book, "Time to Refinance Your Mortgage? The five most important questions to answer."