Types of Home Loans
Find the Perfect Home Loan Option for You
There are a number of different types of home loans available to you, and it can pay to familiarize yourself with them. Of course, we'll be happy to help you choose the best type of home loan for your needs, but it only takes a few minutes to review your home loan options and get an idea of what might provide the best value for you.
Our home loan options include:
- 30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage
- Settle down for the long haul with a 30-year fixed rate mortgage. Because of the steady interest rate inherent to a conventional 30-year fixed rate mortgage, you can look forward to consistent monthly payments for many years to come, providing you with peace of mind and a consistent budget. We recommend this type of home loan if you're planning to stay in your home for a minimum of 5-10 years.
- 15-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage
- Pay off your home twice as fast with a 15-year fixed rate mortgage. Your rate stays the same throughout the life of the loan, giving you secure and predictable monthly mortgage payments and less interest on your loan. Get on the fast track to amortization with this home loan option.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgage
- Keep your options open with an Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM). This type of home loan features an interest rate that changes after a fixed amount of time. ARMs are a great home-buying option and typically offer lower interest rates than fixed mortgages and extra protection with rate caps.
- Jumbo Loan
- Move into your forever home with a jumbo loan. Need a loan that exceeds the current conforming limit? A fixed or adjustable jumbo mortgage can help you make your move. This type of home loan will allow you to buy a lot of real estate but can also requires more stringent credit guidelines and a larger down payment.
- FHA Loan
- Make your home ownership dreams come true with an FHA loan. Featuring flexible credit restrictions and down payment options as low as 3.5%, an FHA loan is a popular type of loan for first-time home buyers.
- VA home loan
- Enjoy exclusive military benefits with a VA loan. If you are a veteran or an active-duty service member, a VA loan offers less restrictive credit guidelines and low down payment options for you and your family.
- Interest Only Mortgage
- Free up your cash flow with an interest only mortgage. Take advantage of the low monthly payments right off the bat to afford a more expensive home and invest your income elsewhere.
Now that you have some ideas about your home loan options,
Guaranteed Rate, Inc. is a private corporation organized under the laws of the State of Delaware. It has no affiliation with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, the US Department of Veterans Affairs, the US Department of Agriculture or any other government agency.