GuaranteedRate Logo

Andy Lesher

VP of Mortgage Lending
1240 Iroquois Ave, Ste 300, Naperville, IL 60563
Contact Andy
NMLS: 397058
Ready to start your Digital Mortgage?
Apply now

TestimonialsCustomer testimonials Read more


Error: Notice: No VP Bio data for this VP.

Andy interview Q&A

How long have you been in the mortgage business and what inspired you to get into it?
19 years. My inspiration is to help families achieve the American dream of home ownership.
Who is your typical customer and what questions do they typically have?
My customer base ranges from first time home buyers to seasoned real estate investors.
What specific steps do you use to help your customers find the best home loan for them?
I like to find out my customers needs and help them find a loan product that fits their family best.
What are the pros and cons of a fixed rate mortgage versus an adjustable rate mortgage (ARM)?
The difference between the two products is that the interest rate is not fixed for the life of the loan on the ARM. The trade off is a lower rate and lower monthly payment for the ARM, but the rate will adjust after the initial fixed period. Different products for different needs.
Tell us about a specific challenging borrowing situation and how you got the mortgage closed and funded.
I helped a family that was relocating out of state on their new purchase. After some challenges finding a new property, we were able to meet the closing date with only 15 days to close. The borrowers and agents were thrilled with our team and process. The agents felt that this was the best lending experience they have had in their entire career and stated that the communication by our team was the only reason that we met the contract date.
What advice would you give new or first time home buyers?
Don’t be scared of the process! My team and I have a great network of agents and we will make sure that you have the best home buying experience from beginning to end!
Tell us about a mortgage product that consumers may not be aware of?
Guaranteed Rate currently offers the “Double Match” purchase product. Your buyer needs 1% of their own funds and we will match it with 2% for a total of 3% down.
How has the mortgage industry changed since you started, and what would you expect in the future?
The mortgage industry has greatly changed from when I started. The one thing that is constant in this business is “change”. I see the loan process always evolving with new technology being introduced daily.
What part of the home loan process do customers find most difficult and how do you help them through it?
Gathering the necessary documentation for loan approval. The way we combat this challenge is to ask very early in the process to provide what we need to approve you. Communication is the key for a smooth process!
What are the top 3 misconceptions people have about the home loan process?
1) “I can never own a home” 2) “It is impossible to get approved” 3) “I could never afford a home”
What can borrowers do to insure a smooth mortgage underwriting process?
Provide what is asked for by the underwriter. They ask for items because they are needed for your approval. They are not asking for unnecessary items just to collect paper!
Summary of where you grew up: family, affiliations, college, high school, etc.
I grew up in Roselle, IL and currently reside in St. Charles, IL. I am married to Colleen for 15 years and I have 3 children Ally, 13, Jack, 11 and Katie 8. I attended Illinois State University where I played Varsity Football. I am a 1995 graduate of Lake Park High School.
What provides you with the most satisfaction in your job as a Loan Officer?
The satisfaction that I helped a family achieve their goal of home ownership!
What do you enjoy doing most in your spare time when you are not helping people with their home loans?
I currently coach youth football for the Carol Stream Panthers and I also coach youth wrestling for SCN Youth Wrestling Club. I enjoy helping young men grown into great students, sons, brothers and athletes.
Tell us something that makes you unique or something wacky, yet interesting about you?
I was a die hard student athlete in high school. I thrived in a competitive environment and enjoyed the team atmosphere. I think that is why our team is so successful helping people with their dream of home ownership! It takes many people to help each client and we have the best in the business! Cheers!

See how easy the Digital Mortgage works

Today’s rates

Loan Type Rate APR

*Rates may vary by state. Please see Assumptions for more details.

Check rates and get approved online right now in just minutes! Or give me a call and I’ll answer your questions and guide you through the process!

Intuitive Loan Finder

Our Intuitive Loan Finder lets you sort by lowest monthly payment, lowest interest rate or the right loan term.

Explore loan options

Start your Digital Mortgage

Apply now