Home » Mark Mawby
VP of Mortgage Lending
NMLS ID # 176592
|Facebook / Linkedin / My Branch|
- When you need someone who understands the home buying process you can count on me! With more than 25 years of banking experience, I have the ability to tailor a program to fit your home financing needs.
- My areas of expertise include first time homebuyer programs, investment purchases, rehab and construction loans, refinance and debt consolidation and more.
- I empower my clients to make the best decision possible as it relates to fiscal goals and lifestyle. I strive to provide service that will make you a customer for life.
Loan Officer Interview Q&A's
1. I have over 30 years experience in many aspects of the banking industry. I made the transition into mortgage banking seven years ago. At that time my wife and I were starting a family and looking for a bigger home. During that process I discovered that many of the skill sets I acquired during my tenure in banking, could directly benefit others. Whether buying a first home, upgrading or downsizing, I have the background to help people identify the right loan product to meet their financial and fiscal needs.
What are the pros and cons of a fixed rate mortgage versus an adjustable rate mortgage (ARM)?
2. If you are planning on staying in your home for life, consider the stability of a fixed rate mortgage, where the payment will not change for the life of the loan. If you are planning on relocating or downsizing within the next 5 to 7 years maybe an ARM makes more sense. Adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs) come with a lower introductory rate that is fixed for a specific period of time usually three, five, or seven years. The downside to an ARM is that after the introductory rate expires the loan can adjust every year for the remaining life of the loan. Ultimately whether a adjustable rate mortgage makes sense for you or not depends on several factors, including how long you plan to be in your home and what your risk tolerance is.
What can borrowers do to insure a smooth mortgage underwriting process?
3. One of the most important things you can do to ensure a smooth transaction is to be 100% upfront with any information you provide. By letting your mortgage consultant know everything upfront, you will help to eliminate any surprises further down the road. Most issues can be resolved or planed for if they are declared up front. Finally provide all requested information as quickly as possible so that it can be reviewed early in the process. This allows time to resolve any possible issues arising from documents that were provided.
What provides you with the most satisfaction in your job as a Loan Officer?
4. I feel a great sense of satisfaction knowing that I have helped so many people achieve their goal of home ownership. Satisfaction comes from the knowledge that I have helped educate somone through the process, been their advocate, helped to remove obstacles both real and perceived, in order to reach their dream of homeownership.
Tell us something that makes you unique or something wacky, yet interesting about you?
5. In addition to being a mortgage banker my biggest pride and joy is being a father to my seven year-old daughter. I also enjoy traveling with my family. I am a private pilot and Underwater photographer.
Popular Loan Options
Looking to save money by refinancing your home? Check out Guaranteed Rate’s new e-book, "Time to Refinance Your Mortgage? The five most important questions to answer."