10 Reasons You Need a Buyerâ€™s AgentJan 20 2012
Due to the age of the internet, you may think you’re able to find your dream home without the help of a realtor. However, here are ten reasons why you still need a buyer’s agent:
1. Convenient: Researching and scheduling showings can consume a lot of your time. Why not let someone who does it for their job do it?
2. Market Knowledge: Realtors understand the market, making it easier for them to find the best home at the right price for you.
3. Insider Knowledge: Not only do they know the market, they also have access to know what homes aren’t on the market, but looking for buyers.
4. Identify Your Needs: You probably have a ton of things you’re looking for in a home. Realtors are able to rein you in and prioritize your needs so it’s not impossible to find your dream home!
5. Access to Comps and Sales Information: Knowing what other houses similar to yours sold for will come in useful when you start submitting offers.
6. Professional Negotiation: Speaking of making offers, it can be a very scary and daunting experience! Realtors have done this many times and will help make it easier on you.
7. Mitigater of Emotions: Buying a house is very emotional. A realtor will remove any emotions associated with the sale and get you your home at a great price!
8. Professional Connections: to get to the closing table, you have to go through a lot of professionals. A realtor already knows and has worked with these professionals, so you won’t have to take extra time to find your own.
9. Knowledge of Industry Standards, Legalities and Writing a Contract: Do you know the rules to all of these? Enough said.
10. And if the top nine reasons didn’t convince you yet, then this one definitely will: A buyer’s agent is free! The agent is paid by the seller through commission. So you really have no reason NOT to use a buyer agent.
Did we miss any reasons you use a buyer’s agent? Let us know!