Top Five Markets To List a Home in the USFeb 28 2013
As a real estate agent, you know when to list a home. But sometimes, it can be hard to convince your seller you know what’s best. The “when” decision of marketing a property can make the difference between a listing that moves at the speed of light and one that’s doomed to linger on the market for seasons to come.
Trulia had their data team look at search trends across the U.S. by month and created a short list of regions and states where you should be adding and updating your listings to get the most exposure this March:
- South Atlantic: If you’re in the South Atlantic states, buyer search activity will hit its peak for the year in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Georgia.
- Peaks in the (Mountain) Peaks: This March, the hottest states in the Mountain region this March are Arizona, Idaho and Nevada.
- Central Spike Zones: In the Central region, search activity isn’t at its peak everywhere. But for sellers who are on the fence, now is the perfect time to list if you live in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska or Oklahoma.
- The Lonely New England State: In most of New England, the search peak hits later in the year. If you’re working markets in Massachusetts, however, now is your time to list!
- The Pacific Corners: The two hottest spots in the Pacific time zone are it’s corners: California and Washington.