Guaranteed Rate Named to Chicago Tribune’s 2014 Top Workplaces List
Guaranteed Rate, one of the ten largest retail mortgage lenders in the nation, today announced it has been recognized yet again by the Chicago Tribune as one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces.” Headquartered on Chicago’s north side, the company employs more than 1,100 people in the Chicagoland area and was ranked No. 24 in the survey’s large company category. This is the fourth time that Guaranteed Rate has made the list.
Founded in 2000, Guaranteed Rate fosters an engaging company culture focused on innovation, career development, and individual wellness. At its corporate headquarters in Chicago, the company provides a variety of opportunities for employees to maintain a balanced, healthy lifestyle while achieving workplace success, including:
- A creative work environment housed in a restored timber loft—featuring a furnished rooftop deck with breathtaking skyline views—designed to facilitate collaboration and interaction across the company;
- An on-site nurse practitioner available to treat employees at no cost;
- A fitness center at the company’s headquarters equipped with weightlifting and cardio machines, as well as access to a certified personal trainer and fitness classes including yoga, indoor cycling, kickboxing, and Pilates;
- Professionally-trained chefs providing healthy and fresh, organic meals for employees at low cost each day in the company’s on-site kitchen and café;
- The Guaranteed Rate Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization, established to help provide aid to families in times of unexpected hardship or need; and the annual Disco Dash 5K and 10K races on the lakefront each summer, which benefit the Foundation.
- A certified massage therapist available by appointment.
“It’s always special to be recognized by the Chicago Tribune’s ‘Top Workplaces’ list, because it’s truly a reflection of our employees’ opinion that we deserve the honor,” said Guaranteed Rate president and CEO, Victor Ciardelli. “We’re very grateful that year-in and year-out, our employees appreciate our company culture, which we designed to provide creative opportunities to build their careers while offering a healthy work-life balance.”
Guaranteed Rate employs talented and skilled people from numerous fields, including loan origination and processing, insurance, information technology, graphic design, advertising, and marketing. The company has received numerous honors for its technology and innovation as it builds a modern, streamlined mortgage process that’s easier for home buyers. For more information on careers at Guaranteed Rate, please visit: www.joingrnow.com.
The Chicago Tribune’s “Top Workplaces” are determined based solely on employee feedback. The employee survey is conducted by WorkplaceDynamics, LLP, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. WorkplaceDynamics conducts regional “Top Workplaces” programs with 40 major publishing partners across the United States. The Chicago Tribune published the complete list of “Top Workplaces” in today’s edition. For more information about the “Top Workplaces” lists and WorkplaceDynamics, please visit www.topworkplaces.com and www.workplacedynamics.com.