Home » Steven Maizes
|Vice President of Mortgage Lending
NMLS ID # 250590
|Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin / My Branch|
Calculate your payments with our low rates
Learn how our awesome new Digital Mortgage works.
- • All of my mortgage business comes from personal referrals and repeat business from existing clients, with an extremely high client satisfaction rating. I have been the mortgage banker of choice for many top realtors, CPAs and senior executives for the past 15 years.
- • My experienced team of mortgage professionals makes the loan process extremely easy by employing all the latest technological tools.
- • Yale Law School honors graduate
- • Former Real Estate Attorney with 25 years of transactional experience
- • Wesleyan University Phi Beta Kappa and All American Basketball Player
- • Featured on: CBS Evening News, L.A. Times and Washington Post
- • Guest Real Estate Lecturer at USC School of Law
- • Best accomplishment: father of 3 beautiful, respectful children
- • Favorite Quote: “give good news fast, give bad news faster.”
Who is your typical customer and what questions do they typically have?
Loan Officer Interview Q&A's
My typical customer wants to make sure they are getting the best rate but more importantly that they are getting the best customer service.
What specific steps do you use to help your customers find the best home loan for them?
I carefully lay out all of the options for all the different programs, but most importantly we analyze the tax returns very carefully to make sure they will be approved for the loan.
What advice would you give new or first time home buyers?
It is extremely important to talk to a very good mortgage banker up front before you start talking to a realtor. You want to make sure that you are preapproved and can handle the payments before you start shopping for a home.
What can borrowers do to insure a smooth mortgage underwriting process?
Getting a mortgage is a collaborative process. I tell all my clients to simply smile and laugh when they get asked for document request, do not get frustrated. Every item that we ask for is designed to help you get the loan you are looking for.
What provides you with the most satisfaction in your job as a Loan Officer?
My favorite part is the letters and presents that I get after closing from buyers who would never have been able to buy the house without my help. And I love that they call on me year after year to help them and to help their friends because they trust me.
Tell us something that makes you unique or something wacky, yet interesting about you?
I am extremely competitive and always strive for the best for my clients. I was an all American basketball player while simultaneously earning grades strong enough to get me into Yale Law School, so self-motivation is not an issue, and that works on my client’s behalf.
Looking to save money by refinancing your home? Check out Guaranteed Rate’s new e-book, "Time to Refinance Your Mortgage? The five most important questions to answer."